Sunday, February 22, 2009

Lunch Break


I spent most of Saturday and Sunday finishing up the website for the Alaska Ice Festival which is in two weeks. I set up an online store where students can sign up for clinics and then pay through PayPal. I still have some finishing touches to put on it, but registration should go live sometime tomorrow.

Too bad I put all of this off until this weekend, because Saturday and Sunday were two of the nicest days we've had in Anchorage in awhile. Temperatures were in the 20s and the sun was shining all weekend.



Saturday I watched the beautiful day unfold from behind my laptop at the coffee shop, but today I had to get out for some sun, so Niko and I did some laps around University Lake for about an hour.

Even though I was productive all weekend, I can't help but feel like I missed out on some adventure. It's become hard for me to take a whole weekend to do inside activities. I spend the entire week inside at a computer, so I always feel like I have to take advantage of my two (or three) days off, and feel guilty when I don't. I'm glad I forced myself to get and enjoy at least an hour of sunshine. Niko was happy too.

No comments: