Tuesday, December 22, 2009

The Herning Trail



Last weekend we headed out to Houston (AK) to do a ride on the Herning Trail. I don't have a lot of time to write, because I have to pack for my trip back east, but I wanted to share some of the pictures.

We started out with a group at sunrise...



I have been trying to get outside for all of the daylight hours on the weekends, due to lack of sunlight during the week. All of my weekday workouts are done in the dark now, but yesterday we got through the winter solstice and the days are getting longer now.



I laughed when I saw that my calender said "Winter Begins" on December 21st. We've been enjoying winter for some time now.



The sun hangs low in the sky even at noon. But when there are no clouds it makes for some amazing light.



We arrived back at the parking lot about five hours and 25 miles later, and at sunset.



The start of my training for the White Mountain 100 has been good, but it will be challenging to keep it up while I spend the next two weeks in Pennsylvania. My sister said I could borrow her mountain bike so I plan to get out for some long rides while I'm there. The challenge will be finding cool places to ride around my mom's house.

1 comment:

sean said...

Really great photos, I'm glad you guys made it out!