Friday, October 9, 2009

Fruita Day 1 & 2 - Rustler's Loop and 18 Road



My body is completely trashed. My leg muscles feel like they are detaching from my body. My heart rate feels like it is constantly elevated. We are all counting our bruises and scrapes to see who has the most. But we are heading out the door to ride, because we'll only be in Colorado for two more days.



Today we road at the 18 road area. I have heard a lot about this area because Brian camped here for a week last year, so he knows the trails really well.



Kessel Run is a fast fun roller coaster of trail with little technical challenges and probably one of the my favorite trails we have ridden on this whole trip. Last week I would have said this was my favorite trail, but I just can't get the Porcupine Rim out of my mind. It pushed me so far past my comfort level on a bike on the start of the downhill, but by the end of the ride I felt completely comfortable. I say I grew the most as a mountain biker on that trail.



I'm in coffee shop now trying to figure out how I am going to muster up the energy to ride on Saturday and Sunday. I had trouble standing in line waiting to order coffee. I looked at the photos I took today and thought, wow that was really beautiful, how did I miss it?

So this is what it feels like to be over trained. It's not pleasant. Maybe a good 10 or 11 hours of sleep tonight will help.

No comments: