Saturday, September 13, 2008

Winner Creek Trail


Brian and I headed down to Girdwood today to check out some of the bike trails. We decided to ride the Winner Creek Trail and since Tim was going to be down there too we met up with him in the morning.

I'm not really feeling inspired to write now, but here are some of the pictures I took.







One of the highlights of the day was taking the Hand Tram on the way back...





I will say this. I am not really into riding on wet boardwalks. We warmed up on the Blueberry Pancake Trail, which is some sort of downhill trail that was built into the side of the mountain where the ski trails are at Alyeska. My first attempt at a sloping boardwalk and my tire slipped out from under me and I slid off the side. Then I tried to walk it, bad idea, and slid off again. I understand that it's probably fun if you are willing to ride it faster, but I guess I'd just rather ride on a more natural trail.

3 comments:

Jill Homer said...

Wet wooden planks are certain death!

I'm really terrible at riding them too, but I've had the best success with picking a line early and rolling it with as little steering as possible. Speed hasn't seemed to matter much. But, the most important thing I've learned Don't Ever Use Brakes on Wet Wood. Ever.

So ... is it true you're getting a Pugsley? Mine is just about to have his first birthday.

Jennoit said...

That boardwalk is terrifying looking! I confess that I *adore* the dry trails here in Whitehorse, but will have to make an adjustment to wetness once I move back to BC.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I probably would've walked it too. But I'm pretty bad just walking on dry ground too.