Thursday, September 25, 2008

Getting ready for Ice Fest


This weekend is the MCA Ice Festival so I've been running around all week trying to get ready for it. I'm teaching beginners with Carlene. I'm excited but trying to figure out what the curriculum will be. My students may or may not have been climbing on ice before.

Last year I taught students who had climbed before so we could just throw them on a rope and help them in areas they lacked. This year we will have to start from scratch. So it should be a challenge.

I feel like I've spent my entire week in a meeting so it will be nice to get away from town for a solid three days. Friday the instructors are going out to climb a bit and scope out the good spots to set up ropes. Then we have all day Saturday and all day Sunday with the students.

I'm feeling a little tentative about teaching this year. I gave up all climbing this summer to run and bike and I'm feeling pretty weak when it comes to climbing strength. Should be interesting to see if the technique has stuck with me.

No comments: