Monday, February 15, 2010

Congratulations!

After much concern last week over newly fallen snow and a recent diagnosis of Plantar Fasciitis in both feet, Brian ended up starting and finishing the Su 100 (100 miles of biking in the snow) in just 21 hours and 48 minutes this weekend. Nice job Monkee, I knew you were going to kick ass!

Look at him smiling in this photo by the Nome sign. What do you think, it looks like he wants to go to Nome...



...or maybe he was smiling because he was NOT going to Nome.

OR maybe he's smiling because he's wearing his fancy knickers! (Seriously what is going on down there?)

Also congrats to my friend Carlene for skiing the Little Su 50K, to Julie and Jill of Palmer for taking 1st and 2nd place in the female bike division of the 50K, and to Tim Kelly for finishing the Su 100 once again. You all continue to inspire me!

Training continues for the White Mountain Race which is just 5 short weeks away, yikes!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG...100 miles on a bike in the snow! This Okie is so impressed! Congratulations are certainly in order, and I feel as if I should get on my knees and bow. That is an awesome feat!

Liz