Wednesday, January 9, 2008

I'm in Colorado!

Hi, I haven't posted all weekend because I have been getting ready for this trip. I just realized that I forgot my camera connector for my laptop so there will be no pictures until I get back.

Kim and I arrived in Ridgway Colorado around noon today. We are totally disoriented, so I apologize if this is incoherent. We flew the red eye to Salt Lake then hopped over to Grand Junction, Colorado on a commuter jet. My fear of flying and the fact that right before we started descending the pilot said something like, "There is freezing fog in Grand Junction right now that might make our little jet into a flying Popsicle, so we are gonna do our best to get you on the ground." has given me some anxiety in the past few hours. I'm sorry did I just hear that correctly?

We landed fine and realized there was just some snow on the ground and it was a balmy 33 degrees. Kim and I stripped off our jackets as if we had just arrived in the tropics. We laughed at signs that said, "Ice may be slippery." and "Temperatures below freezing, be careful on roads."

We drove about 2 hours to the town of Ridgway in the snow, all the way commenting about how bright the sun was. "What is this strange thing they are calling daylight?" "Why is the sun still shining at 4pm?" We arrived at the hotel in a daze hobbled over to the local brewery for some food and beers. We were huffing and puffing the whole way trying to get used to the altitude. All of these changes have hit us all at once and seem to have seriously messed with our minds. Altitude? Sunlight? Lack of sleep? All three of these things are contributing to the fact that I need to take a nap.. now. More later...

No comments: