Saturday, November 17, 2007

Hatcher's Pass



After my second Team in Training Practice today I felt really good. We ran for an hour and I felt like I could keep going for 3 more. More exercise was needed. It was such a nice day I had to get out. Kim picked me up at 12:30 and we decided to take our ice climbing packs and our cross country skis and just drive figuring out what we would do along the way. Since we got a late start and were most likely not going to find any ice (sad, but true), we decided that we would head up to Hatcher's pass for a ski.



I think the pictures can speak for themselves, but Hatcher's Pass is one of the more beautiful places that you can get to in an hour from Anchorage. In the summer and the winter. But of course, I love winter and just cannot get enough of these snow landscapes. This is one of the many reasons that I love Alaska so much. I have witnessed this scene hundreds of times and I never tire of it.



Did I mention that winter is here? We finished off the day with some Irish Coffee and cheese fondue at lodge. Life is good.

1 comment:

Jill Homer said...

It is beautiful up there. Kim looks really cute in that picture. Maybe you could tell her hi from Jill in Juneau next time you see her.