Sunday, October 24, 2010

Fall Riding, Moose, Ice, Rainbows and a little Bromance

It was a weekend of riding, but somehow I didn't get any pictures of anyone on bikes. Saturday a bunch of us headed out in the chilly morning up the powerline trail for a mellow social ride to Green Lake

My friends are so colorful...


Green Lake was completely frozen over. This is about the only time of year that you can see this lake frozen. In a week or so it will be covered in snow.



The moose were out all over the place, including this bull not too far off the trail. He was accompanied by four others. Another bull, a cow and two babies.


Today we rode from my friend Emmy's house, behind the ball fields, up to the STA trails and then a fun ride all the way back down. The puglsey handled the frozen bumps and roots pretty well. Not as easy to maneuver as my Dos Niner, but not too bad either.

We cut through an area I have never been through before and found this...


Joe giving himself some lovin on Bromance rock.

And these are my cats...


I know. Most random post ever. But fall is kind of like that in Alaska. You never know what you are going to find. Ice, Snow? Wind, Rain? It's an interesting and unpredictable time of year.Of course we are all waiting for the snow to come, but sometimes you just have to roll with what you get.

2 comments:

Sherrie Soltis said...

I love your new blog template!! Which one are you using? Glad to see your enjoying the fall!

Julie said...

Thanks Sherrie! I used the Picture Window template and changed the colors to match my photo. Was trying for a fall theme. :)

I was just reading your post on akiceclimbing about Nabesna, I'm planning a trip there in a few weeks!