Friday, April 18, 2008

$4100 raised!

I have raised $4100 over the past 5 months for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. Most of this was done by begging. Wow, for a moment there I never thought I was going to get this far. But Brian sent out a message to basically everyone he knows and raised another $1000 for me. Thanks Monkee!

I have $400 left to raise by Monday. Anybody out there have $400?

My race is two weeks away and training is starting to slow down and I'm getting kind of excited. I am starting to realize that running in the snow all winter may not have been the best idea for trying to get fast. Sure, I am stronger than ever, but I've been trudging around in the snow at such a slow pace that my legs are used to going slow. I got on the treadmill and did a tempo run the other day at about an 8:45 pace. Let's just say it was a struggle for me to hold that for only a few miles. That being said, it's a huge improvement over last year.

I'm waiting till after the race to decide whether or not I will try to go on to qualify for Crow Pass this year. I will basically have to transition right into marathon training after a week or two of rest in May. Here is the deciding factor. If I run the half in under 2 hours, I will train for two months and try to qualify for Crow Pass during the Mayor's Marathon in June. If I finish in over 2 hours, I will say that it is not physically possible for me to get fast enough to qualify for Crow Pass and will shift my focus to other races.

That's about it for now.

No comments: